St Matthews started in the mid-1930s on a plot of land donated to the Catholic church. The first pupils were taught under a tree until six classrooms were built and the school established. These classrooms became the nucleus for the now well- known Regina Mundi Parish.
In 1953, the small subsidy granted by the government to pay teachers' salaries was withdrawn when the Catholic Bishop's conference registered its opposition to the Bantu Education Act. For the following forty years, catholic schools remained operational and St Matthews continued to offer quality education, financed by contributions from the Diocese of Johannesburg, parents and Sisters of Mercy.
In 1960, the Sisters of Mercy were asked to take over the running of St Matthews and the school has developed from the original six classrooms to today's campus of pre-school, primary school and secondary school.
Great emphasis is placed on the spiritual and moral development of learners. They are made aware of the needs of others and are encouraged to give back to their communities when they enter adult life.
Computer Lab with CAMI Maths and CAMI English, Library, Science Lab, Hall, Counselling Room.
Soccer, Netball, Volleyball, Music(Vocal Choir and Instruments), Debate, Chess
140 Visagie Street
PO Box 8149, Pretoria, 0001
012 321 2094
Browse the best Argentina soccer jerseys